First CMSC Practice Test is now posted at our learning portal in moodle. You will have 45 minutes to complete the quiz once you start it. The quiz will be closed automatically when the 45 minutes window is expired. The test contains 25 questions. You can take each test only once, so make sure the internet connection is working and you are not distracted while attempting the test as you will not be able to re-take it. The test will be available from July 6, 9 am ET to July 12, 11:59 pm ET. Here are some key points for you to review before you start this test:
- The key objective of the Canadian Math Summer Contest is to prepare you to compete in international competitions. We are matching international standards so you may find these tests relatively tough, so don't let that deter you from doing them. We have placed the difficulty level in the manner where most students can get a score between 40-80% range, hence, don't be discouraged if you get a low score. In many of the international competitions, a 60-70% score is sufficient to move to the next level as the key aim is learning to cope with an increasing level of challenge, not aiming for a perfect score. Focus on learning. Identify your strengths and weaknesses so that you can put together a plan to improve.
- We will adjust the difficulty level of questions in the following tests based on student performance. We would like you to get used to challenges, however, we don't want you to lose interest. Also, we don't have any baseline for the first test so try your best. If the test is too hard or too easy for most students then we will adjust the difficulty level in future tests. Consider 50% as an excellent score but don't be satisfied and work towards beating your score in future contests.
- Our primary goal is to teach you, hence, we will repeat a few concepts in 7 tests you will undertake with us (2 practice and 5 competition). Unlike other contests, we will provide you detailed answers for most of the questions immediately after you complete your test. If you want to improve, read solutions for the questions you are not able to solve correctly. Try to solve the similar type of questions yourself.
- We want you to develop resiliency, hence, you will be given an option to check your answers. If your answer is wrong then you can reattempt the question. You will be given partial marks in your second attempt. Use this feature carefully and don't let it become a distraction and develop your own strategy for writing the test. One of the strategies will be to attempt all questions before checking the answers. Please note that you can flag the questions as well for a quick review. It's up to you if you would like to take advantage of these features. We are giving you assignments and practice quizzes so that you can formulate your strategy.
- We have done a thorough review of each question to ensure quality but mistakes are bound to happen. Please email us questions with a screenshot if you don't agree with the answer or solution provided. We will adjust your marks if the question or answer in the test is wrong. If you find any mistake in the detailed solution then please let us know as well. You will not be given any extra marks for finding errors in the solutions but this will help us improve questions for future usage.
- Finally, we are trusting you to participate in this contest honestly. Please don't take any help from books, the internet, or other people during the test. These tests are your self-evaluation. If you are not honest during these self-evaluations, we suggest you to not participate in this contest.
Good luck and enjoy the test! For any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.